In episode 26 of the podcast (@AugmentedPod), the topic is Manufacturing in Massachusetts. Our guest is Michael Tamasi, CEO & owner, AccuRounds and Co-Chairman of the Massachusetts Advanced Manufacturing Collaborative (Mass AMC).
In this conversation, we talked about the ecosystem for manufacturing in Massachusetts, its challenges, opportunities, and future.
After listening to this episode, check out AccuRounds, (@accurounds): https://www.accurounds.com/ as well as Michael Tamasi's profile on social media: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaeltamasi/
You may also wish to check out each of the various organizations making up the Massachusetts manufacturing ecosystem,
- MassTech Collaborative: https://masstech.org/ and The Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CAM): https://cam.masstech.org/center-advanced-manufacturing-cam
- MassMEP (@massmep): https://massmep.org/
- Mass. Manufacturing Innovation Initiative (M2I2): https://cam.masstech.org/m2i2
- Manufacturing in Massachusetts - a one-stop-shop (@mamanufacturing): https://mamanufacturing.com/
- Mass Technology Leadership Council (@masstlc): https://www.masstlc.org
Finally, you may want to also be aware of the 'Israel meets New England' smart manufacturing event on June 9 and its organizers, the Israeli Trade Mission and Amhub New England:
- The New England Advanced Manufacturing Hub (AMHUB NE): https://mfg.works/amhub/amhub-new-england/
- The Government of Israel’s Economic Mission to North America: https://embassies.gov.il/washington/AboutTheEmbassy/Pages/Economic-Mission.aspx#:
- ISRAEL meets NEW ENGLAND: Advanced Manufacturing in Factories and Workplace: https://mfg.works/israel-meets-new-england/
Trond's takeaway: Massachusetts is undergoing a rapid evolution into a forward looking region which more fully embraces the manufacturing industry as part of its innovation thrust. One could wonder why it took decades.
Thanks for listening. If you liked the show, subscribe at Augmentedpodcast.co or in your preferred podcast player, and rate us with five stars. If you liked this episode, you might also like episode 25 Industrial Tracking: Drones, Warehouses and Theme Parks, episode 14 Smart Manufacturing for All, or episode 16 A female fighter in a manufacturing SME. Augmented--upskilling the workforce for industry 4.0 frontline operations.